- 10 Things I wish I’d know about being a maintainer before I became one (TinaJane76)
- Wondering how to define maintenance? Researchers do too (4A-Healthy-BMI)
- What is Transition to Maintenance? (VTricia)
- Maintenance of Long Term Weight Loss (NWCR)
- Evidence based maintenance FAQ
- Demystifying Maintenance (TinaJane76)
Transition to Maintenance on the Big Page of Links:
- Forum threads specifically for people new to maintenance
- How much should I weigh?
- How should I track my weight?
- How much should I eat?
- How much should I exercise?
- How do I plan and what other things should I consider?
Books about maintenance:
- Thin for Life: The first edition of this book led to the formation of the NWCR, and it is an accessible overview of their predictors.
- Refuse to Regain: Written by bariatric physician Barbara Berkley.
- The End of Overeating: Dr. David Kessler, the FDA chief who took on big tobacco takes on big food and how salt, sugar and fat work on us like drugs.
- Beck Diet Solution: Employ cognitive behavior work to think like a thin person. There’s also an excellent spark team dedicated to Dr. Beck’s works.
- Slim for Life: by Jillian Michaels– Are we serious? She used to have a BMI over 32, and a lot of her tips will sound very familiar in a couple of years.